This is a photograph (from microfilm) of the marriage record of Ludwika KNOT and Syzmon LIPA. The original record is from the parish of Nagoszyn, Poland. The records were originally from the Tarnów Diocesan Archives and were filmed in 1973 by the LDS (film #1960045). Ludwika lived in Bobrowa, Poland but that village doesn’t have it’s own church. Villagers belonged to the parish in Nagoszyn. The wooden church that existed at that time in Nagoszyn had been built in 1790 and dedicated to Saint Barbara. The church in Nagoszyn had been a branch church belonging to the parish of Przeclaw until 1862, when it assumed parish status in its own right. The GPS coordinates for the village of Bobrowa, Poland are: 50 07 : 21 26′
From this record we know that:
- Ludwika KNOT and Syzmon LIPA were married on November 15, 1876.
- Groom: Szymon LIPA, was a farmer and the son of Jan (Joannis) and Zofia (Sophia) LANUCHA (Łanucha).
- Szymon lived in house #50 in the village of Bobrowa.
- He was Catholic, age 33, and not widower.
- Bride: Ludwika (Ludovica) KNOT, daughter of Szymon KNOT and Katarzyna (Catharina) KITRYS.
- Ludwika lived in house #75, in the village of Bobrowa.
- She was Catholic, age 19, and not a widower.
- Witnesses to the marriage: Michał CZUBOWICZ and Jan (Joannes) GREBOSZ (Grębosz)
- Officiating this marriage was: Ks Joannes PIOTROWSKI.
Leave a Response »