The death certificate for Ludwika (KNOT) LIPA was issued by the State of Michigan. From it we have the following information:
- Place of death: City of Detroit, County of Wayne; Address: 57 Superior Street (renumbered to 559 Superior after 1920); Ward: 3; Registered number: 3752
- Full Name: Ludwicka Lipa
- Sex: Female
- Color or Race: white
- Marital Status: Married
- Date of Birth: July 13, 1861
- Age: 50 yrs, 10 mos, 12 days
- Occupation: Housewife
- Birthplace: Germany
- Name of Father: Simon Knot
- Birthplace of Father: Germany
- Maiden Name of Mother: unknown
- Birthplace of Mother: unknown
- The Above is True to the Best of my Knowledge: (signed) Martin J. Schmanski of 167 E. Canfield (Interment)
- (Seal of the Registrar)
- Date of Death: May 30, 1912
- Cause of Death: Apoplexy (there was no indication that Ludwika was treated for this condition by a doctor prior to her death, and there were no contributory causes listed either)
- (signed) J.W. Rothacher M.D. and dated 6/2/1912, address: Coroner
- Place of Burial: Greenwood, Date of Burial: June 3, 1912
- Undertaker: M.J. Schmanski, Detroit
Some additional notes (mine):
- Greenwood Cemetery is AKA Sacred Heart of St. Mary Cemetery (parish cemetery for Sweetest Heart of Mary Church, Detroit).
- The birthdate was in error. It is actually July 6, 1857 so Ludwika was actually 54 years old when she died.
- Ludwika was born in Poland as was her mother whose maiden name was KITRYS.
- Apoplexy is a term used to mean “stroke”.
- Even though her formal name is listed as Ludwicka, I believe she went by the name Louise.